TEVA Kayak n Run series - Teams of 2 only.
NOW FULL at 60 teams. FULL RESULTS WITH SPLITS BELOW,
Email us to go on waiting list in case anyone drops out. Other way is to bring your own Feelfree double kayak to get an entry.
Race 1 - SUNDAY May 1, 2011 - Tai Tam Bay, Hong Kong Island (Past Stanley and RedHill at Tai Tam Tuk) Map below
8am - Registration for pick up of race number & shirt at start venue Tai Tam Tuk pier
9am - RACE START (60 kayaks on water at same time - very exciting something worth taking a photo)
Race 2 - Discovery Bay (date tbc June) - with special family event for kids
Race 3 - Sai Kung (date tbc June/July)
Online Registration (HK$700 per team Apr 13-25) - HK$900 late entry) for Tai Tam race.
Tai Tam Bay start (The Water Pumping Station Pier behind the International School on waterfront)
Kayak 4 km (Tai Tam Bay)
Run 7 km (Shek O country Park)
Kayak 2 km (Tai Tam Bay)
Teams of 2
Open to 60 teams (of 2) only first come first serve unless you bring your own Feelfree double kayak
Course navigation - Only beach and mountain check points will be marked as you can view below on the map as teams MUST NAVIGATE themselves. Compass or GPS recommended if you don't know area. Please print out map below and recommend bringing in a ziplock or plastic waterproof map holder for kayak and run to keep your map dry.
1. Team comprises two people.
2. Team members may use any type of paddle or they can choose the Action Asia paddle.
3. Team members are responsible for supporting and assisting each other in the event of a capsize.
4. The two team members must stay within 50m distance of each other at all times on land. On sea they will share the same 2 person Action Asia kayak supplied by the organizer.
5. Both team members must complete entire course together.
6. Teams must wear Action Asia lifevests on water at all times like other age group categories.
7. TEVA race numbers must be worn on the FRONT of the them at all times during the race. Failure to do this could result in time penalties.
8. Garbage thrown on the course will result in a time penalty or possibly disqualification if deliberate.
9. Teams CAN NOT CHANGE their kayaks, paddles, lifevests once the race starts. Any teams caught taking another teams kayak, paddles, lifevests will either result in disqualification or a serious time penalty.
10. Teams must go to the checkpoints (cp's) in order of CP1, CP2, CP3, CP4, etc and must report to each cp with team number before you leave the cp. Teams must download the map from this website to print out and bring with them to find their way as maps will not be provided on race day.
11. Race Director has the final say and the right to change the course or rules.
Map uploaded below. Same course to last year if you did Tai Tam race.
Level of difficulty: If you are a beginner kayaker we would highly recommend some sort of upper body training (outrigging, dragonboating, fitness centre) as this is not a walk in the park and ocean kayaking can be more difficult from bad weather, large swells, currents, waves, bad navigation, etc.
Cost covers lifejacket, paddle, 2-person kayak, rescue on water, official water, sport drink and energy drink on course and finish, beer at finish, souvenir singlet shirt and luggage check.
Categories: (Combined ages as of race day May 1)
Men's combined age 36+
Men's combined age 60+
Men's combined age 80+
Men's combined age 90+
HK$700 per team of 2 (for Tai Tam race) - HK$900 late entry fee final week of race.
How to Enter - Everyone MUST go to "ONLINE REGISTRATION BEFORE PAYMENT:
See "Online Registration" and "Online Payment" in red box top left corner of this website. Easiest and fastest. Everyone regardless of payment must do online registration. Note for Online Payment due to credit card a 3% charge is included in fee.
Check payment or bank transfer:
Check payable to "Action Asia Events HK Ltd".
If ATM / ETC or bank transfer please email us your team's proof of payment receipt with team name, age category and event date. If you must fax (we're trying to be environmentally friendly and encourage you to scan & email) you can fax to (852) 2544-0603 or email address below.
Bank Details if doing bank transfer:
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Account Name: ACTION ASIA EVENTS HK LTD.
Business Vantage Multi-Currency Account:
HK$ HSBC - #400-336-012-838
Payment by mail:
Before you mail us payment make sure you fill out the online entry form (click "Online Registration" top left corner of this homepage). Send check payable to "Action Asia Events HK Ltd" or bank receipt proof of payment / bank transfer receipt) in HONG KONG DOLLARS with team name and name of race on back of check to:
GPO Box 608,
Central, Hong Kong
Confirmation of entry:
Confirmed teams will be posted in the Confirmed Entry attachment to the bottom of this web page as an attachment. Please make sure we have your correct email as we will send your team updates. Please notify us immediately if we have your wrong email or are not on confirmed list. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE SO GET YOUR ENTRY IN.
Cancellation & Refunds:
Strictly no refunds once payment is made. No transfer of credit is possible. Race Director has the final say on all matters.
Race Numbers and Personal Bag Check:
Race numbers and pins to be picked up at registration 1 hour before race start. Bag check at starting point.
Medals for top 3 in each of the age categories with extra TEVA prizes and more for top teams.
Email for sending payment receipts or enquires: