Action Asia Events - [EVENTS]
- TEVA Kayak n Run Deep Water Bay 2011
- Jun 25,2011
- Deep Water Bay, HK Island -
- Run & Kayak
SATURDAY - JUNE 25th, 2011
TOP 3 results posted with full results and splits below.
Teva Kayak n Run - Deep Water Bay, HK Island (8:30 am race start) - Registration starts 7:40am (55 teams now entered - room for 5 more teams).
This race filled up in 2 weeks last year so get your entry in fast if you want to join. MAP posted below.
TEVA Kayak n Run series - Teams of 2 only
Race 2 - June 12th, 2011 - Niim Shue Wan, Discovery Bay - ALMOST FULL (57 teams)
Race 3 - June 25th, 2011 - Deep Water Bay, HK Island - - 8:30 am start
Deep Water Bay Course details:
4 km kayak - 6 km trail run
Start at Deep Water Bay, Kayaking out towards Ocean Park, then left
around bouy towards Middle Island, around Middle Island back to Deep
Water Bay. Finished kayak now and running up to check point 1 behind the
golf course near Wong Nai Chung gap direction. Then next cp near bottom
of "stairs from hell", then next cp near top of Mt Nicolson, next cp
the picnic tables at top of Blacks Link road, next last 2 cps the same
as first 2 cps that you came by earlier. Finish at Deep Water Bay.
You'll see by the cp order we're trying our best to keep you off the
main roads. Note Race organizer reserves the right to change course if needed.
Open to 60 teams (of 2) only first come first serve unless you bring your own Feelfree double kayak
Only beach and mtn check points marked as teams MUST NAVIGATE themselves. Compass or GPS recommended if you don't know area. Recommend bring a plastic waterproof map holder for kayak and run.
1. Team comprises two people.
2. Team members may use any type of paddle or they can choose the Action Asia paddle.
3. Team members are responsible for supporting and assisting each other in the event of a capsize.
4. The two team members must stay within 50m distance of each other at all times on land. On sea they will share the same 2 person Action Asia kayak supplied by the organizer.
5. Both team members must complete entire course together.
6. Teams must wear Action Asia lifevests on water at all times like other age group categories.
7. TEVA race numbers must be worn on the FRONT of the them at all times during the race. Failure to do this could result in time penalties.
8. Garbage thrown on the course will result in a time penalty or possibly disqualification if deliberate.
9. Teams CAN NOT CHANGE their kayaks, paddles, lifevests once the race starts. Any teams caught taking another teams kayak, paddles, lifevests will either result in disqualification or a serious time penalty.
10. Teams must go to the checkpoints (cp's) in order of CP1, CP2, CP3, CP4, etc and must report to each cp with team number before you leave the cp. Teams must download the map from this website to print out and bring with them to find their way as maps will not be provided on race day.
11. Race Director has the final say and the right to change the course or rules.
Map uploaded below soon, but see course details above.
Level of difficulty: If you are a beginner kayaker we would highly recommend some sort of upper body training (outrigging, dragonboating, fitness centre) as this is not a walk in the park and ocean kayaking can be more difficult from bad weather, large swells, currents, waves, bad navigation, etc.
Categories: (Combined ages as of race day Jun 25, 2011 for Deep Water Bay entry)
Men's combined age 36+
Men's combined age 60+
Men's combined age 80+
Men's combined age 90+
How to Enter - Everyone MUST go to "ONLINE REGISTRATION BEFORE PAYMENT:
Check payment or bank transfer:
Check payable to "Action Asia Events HK Ltd".
If ATM / ETC or bank transfer please email us your team's proof of payment receipt with team name, age category and event date. If you must fax (we're trying to be environmentally friendly and encourage you to scan & email) you can fax to (852) 2544-0603.
Bank Details if doing bank transfer:
Account Name: ACTION ASIA EVENTS HK LTD.
Payment by mail:
Before you mail us payment make sure you fill out the online entry form (click "Online Registration" top left corner of this homepage). Send check payable to "Action Asia Events HK Ltd" or bank receipt proof of payment / bank transfer receipt) in HONG KONG DOLLARS with team name and name of race on back of check to:
GPO Box 608,
Confirmation of entry:
Cancellation & Refunds:
Race Numbers and Personal Bag Check:
- Deep Water Bay, HK Island